Thursday, January 3, 2013

BYOD Security - Containerization of apps – 101


In my previous blog I had talked about three different (& complimentary)  types of  security tools to enable BYOD in organizations and one of them was Containerization. Let me explain in detail what is Containerization and what are the different types that exist in the market and what are the advantages and disadvantages of using it.

Containerization is mainly a way of segmentation of information and applications that are used for work and personal use.  The advantage of this method is that organizations that allow BYOD onto their network can now segregate official and personal data and apps and encrypt the data that is work related. So even if the device is lost or misplaced or attacked (malware, phishing, Trojan), the segregation and encryption of the sensitive corporate data ensures its safety.

Containerization comes in three flavors and let me discuss each - how they differ and how it is implemented and what are the advantages and disadvantages in each of these flavors. I don’t have names so I will just go with flavor 1, flavor 2 & flavor 3.

In Flavor 1, you have what is called containerization or segregation at firmware level what is called segregation at bare metal,..........................


Manjunath M Gowda
“Agentless BYOD Control” 

1 comment:

  1. I visited more pages of that web site. It has lots of helpful information. i share it my social media. if any body wants to know about bring your own device like what is byod?, what is security for byod?, how can i implement? And where I can establish it? And what types of security have to ensure? All the solution of question can get from this website and http://byodsecurity.org this website.

    ReplyDelete